- ALDI supports Barnardos Mother of the Year Awards
- sourcing sustainably caught fish
- ALDI Australian Packaging Covenant 2010 - 2015 Action Plan
- ALDI supports Do Something Near You
- ALDI’s commitment to nutrition earns a big Tick
- ALDI corporate responsibility
- ALDI CR policy
- all ALDI laundry detergents to be phosphate free by 2013
- ALDI supports the work of Barnardos
- ALDI teams up with Foodbank, OzHarvest and Second Bite
- Energy Efficiency Opportunities Report 2012
- our commitment to environmental sustainability
- Carbon Reduction Label Program
- ALDI leads industry to remove artificial food colours
- consumer quality assurance
- textiles quality testing
taking our corporate responsibility seriously
At ALDI, we take our responsibility to the community very seriously. As one of Australia's top ten Australian retailers we feel it is important to recognise and act upon our social obligations to our customers and the wider community.
Innovations like unit pricing, commitment to the same low price in every store, online shopping list and front of pack nutrition labelling, are just some of the things we do to provide complete transparency for our customers.
We are also committed to sourcing fresh produce from Australian suppliers, creating job opportunities in local communities and ensuring environmental sustainability is part of everything we do.
Our sense of responsibility goes much further than this.
We are sourcing more organic, fair trade and sustainable food products. In fact, we were the first supermarket in Australia to introduce a private label range of certified sustainable seafood.
We have also reduced food wastage throughout our business while helping others by partnering with charitable food agencies.