Purchase a box of your favourite Goldenvale Looney Tunes cereal
Snap a pic of your family enjoying their delicious Looney Tunes cereal. Make sure the box is in the photo.
Follow @aldiaustralia on Instagram then upload your photo with the hashtag #ALDIGoesLooneyTunes and tag @aldiaustralia. Make sure your Instagram privacy settings are set to public so we can see it!
What's up for grabs
A family holiday to Warner Bros. Movie World on the Gold Coast, up to the value of $5000.
A Looney Tunes themed birthday party with Looney Tunes characters dropping in.
One year’s worth of Looney Tunes cereals.
ALDI Looney Tunes Cereal Promotion
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is
ALDI Stores (A Limited Partnership) (ABN 90 196 565 019)
of 1 Sargents Road
Minchinbury, NSW 2770
Telephone: (02) 9675 9000 (“Promoter”).
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents 13 years of age or older. Entrants under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian consent to enter. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating retailers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences on 16/01/2019 and ends at 11:59pm AEST on 13/02/2019 (“Promotional Period”). Entries received after 11:59pm AEST on 13/02/2019 will not be accepted.
5. To be eligible to enter individuals must purchase a pack of GoldenVale Looney Tunes cereal from any ALDI supermarket nationally, during the Promotional Period and complete the steps set out under clause 7 (Entry) of these Terms and Conditions.
6. Failure to produce proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the ALDI store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry into the Promotion.
7. To enter entrants must:
a. Follow @aldiaustralia on Instagram;
b. Upload a picture of themselves or their family to Instagram with a pack of their purchased GoldenVale Looney Tunes cereal (models cannot be featured in the photo);
c. Tag the photo with @aldiaustralia;
d. Add the hashtag #ALDIGoesLooneyTunes (the # will link their picture to the promotion); and
e. Set their Instgram privacy settings to ‘public’ so their photo can be seen.
8. Entrants can enter the promotion multiple times. Limit of one prize per person.
9. This promotion is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
10. All valid entries will be judged individually based on their originality and creative merit for the criteria of ‘a child or family posing with GoldenVale Breakfast Bubbles, GoldenVale Choco Rice, GoldenVale Honey Wheats or GoldenVale Choco Pillows photo(s) using the hashtag #ALDIGoesLooneyTunes’.
11. Judging will take place on 15th February 2019 at the office of ALDI Australia, 1 Sargents Road, Minchinbury NSW. Entries will be judged by representatives of the Promoter.
12. The best 3 entries as determined by the judges will each receive a prize.
13. Winners will be contacted via their post/submission within two (2) business days of the judging. Winners will be required to reply to the ALDI Australia Instagram page via private message within two (2) weeks of being contacted with their name, street address and acceptance of the prize in order to receive their prize.
14. Winner’s names and suburb will be announced on the ALDI Australia Instagram page from 18th February 2019.
15. If a prize is unclaimed or is otherwise forfeited despite the Promoter making all reasonable efforts to notify the winner, the Promoter may deem any winner as ineligible to receive the prize. The Promoter may in their absolute discretion reconvene the judges on 6th March 2019 at the same time and place as the first judging in order to distribute any unclaimed prizes. The next most original and creative entry will be deemed the replacement winner.
16. Prizes are:
a. First Prize: Holiday to Warner Bros. Movie World in the Gold Coast valued at up to a maximum of $5,000. Prize value will depend on the location of the winner.
b. Second Prize: Looney Tunes themed birthday party with Looney Tunes character(s) valued at up to a maximum of $3,000. Prize value will depend on the location of the winner.
c. Third Prize: One year’s worth of GoldenVale Looney Tunes cereals, valued at $268.28.
Prize Details and Conditions
17. First Prize - Holiday:
a. The first prize is a holiday to Warner Bros. Movie World in the Gold Coast, Australia and includes:
(i). 2 nights accommodation at Sea World Resort and entry to Warner Bros. Movie World for two (2) days; and
(ii). Return economy flights from the winner’s nearest capital city to Gold Coast Airport.
b. All transfers are not included.
c. Prize is valid from 1st March 2019 until 24th December 2019 for a family of four (4) consisting of two (2) adults and two (2) children aged three (3) years to thirteen (13) years. Advanced booking requirements of four (4) weeks apply for the Sea World Resort accommodation and Warner Bros. Movie World components of the prize.
d. Redemption of the prize is subject to availability and may be dependent on travel class availability, specific room category availability and travel ‘blackout’ periods applying (including school holidays and public holidays).
e. All components of the prize must be taken together and when offered or are forfeited.
f. The prize winner and their companions (if any) must travel together and depart from and return to the same Australian departure point.
g. The prize winner and their companions (if any) may not accrue frequent flyer points.
h. No extension or variation of the travel and/or accommodation dates nominated by the Promoter is permitted.
i. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with travel discounts or special offers. Travel and accommodation are to be arranged by Village Roadshow Theme Parks Pty Ltd (ABN 60 010 919 623) or by a licensed agent nominated by the Promoter from time to time.
j. Instruction on how to redeem the prize will be made available to the winner in due course.
k. All additional costs not expressly stated as being included, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of the prize, are the responsibility of the winner and any companions. In particular, the prize does not include:
(i). Meals and beverages, room service, telephone calls, laundry services, spending money;
(ii). Travel insurance;
(iii). Transfers to and from the winner’s nearest Australian airport;
(iv). Any airport departure tax that may be payable; or
(v). Any costs associated with passports or visas.
l. Accommodation and Warner Bros. Movie World entry is awarded in the form of a voucher which provides a complimentary two (2) night stay in a Sea World Resort Double Room for a family of four (4) with two (2) day passes to Warner Bros. Movie World.
m. The hotel/theme park voucher has the following features and requirements:
(i). Subject to room availability.
(ii). Advance booking is required at least four (4) weeks prior to the date of arrival.
(iii). Cancellation or reschedule of booking must be done twenty one (21) days prior to your arrival.
(iv). Check-in time is at 4.00 pm and check-out is at 11.00am.
(v). Voucher must be presented upon check-in. In the absence of the original voucher, the management reserve the rights to charge the Best Available Rate based on the date of arrival.
(vi). Voucher is for not re-sale. If the voucher is found for re-sale, the management reserves the right to cancel the voucher without notification.
(vii). Voucher is not replaceable, including if it is lost, stolen or torn.
(viii). Voucher cannot be combined with any other promotion.
(ix). Winner (or their parent or guardian) will be responsible for any separate charges incurred, such as but not limited to, additional food and beverage charges, room service, additional occupancy charges, telephone bills, etc.
(x). The winner (or their parent or guardian) will be required to provide their credit card at check-in.
(xi). Warner Bros. Movie World park tickets will be issued on arrival.
(xii). The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other travel or accommodation discounts or special offers. Any extension or variation of the travel dates nominated by the Promoter will be at the cost and responsibility of the winner. Any requests to extend or vary travel arrangements must be organised by the winner. Once booked, any changes made to the booking may incur a cancellation or amendment fee, at the cost and responsibility of the winner. This is also at the discretion of the prize suppliers and the Promoter.
(xiii). The Prize winner and any companions must conduct themselves in a responsible, courteous and friendly manner at all times whilst participating in the prize. Acceptance of the prize and participation in the prize is subject to any prevailing terms and conditions of travel/accommodation/transfers/services suppliers and any other prize suppliers, and in particular responsible consumption of alcohol, behaviour and safety requirements. The prize winner and any companion must follow all reasonable directions given by the Promoter and any prize supplier during the course of their participation in the prize. The Promoter and any prize supplier reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to refuse entry into any prize related venue or location, to disqualify, sanction and/or eject the prize winner and any companions from any prize related venue, or to refuse participation in certain activities, on the grounds of inappropriate behaviour, or safety reasons, or for any breach of these conditions of entry generally. If the prize winner and any companions fail to participate in the first prize in an appropriate manner, as stated in this condition and in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, their entry and the balance of the prize may be forfeited without any compensation payable.
(xiv). The travel, accommodation and entry passes are non-refundable, non-negotiable, and non-transferable. There is no extension on validity of vouchers and tickets issued under the prize. All tickets and vouchers are not for re-sale. If a ticket or voucher is found to be for re-sale, the prize supplier reserves the right to cancel the ticket or voucher without notification.
(xv). If the winner and/or their travelling companions are, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date, or do not take an element of the prize within the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize or element thereof.
n. Participants in the Promotion acknowledge that different elements of the prize are supplied by various partners (Suppliers) and any Supplier reserves the right, in their absolute discretion, to amend the dates or schedule of any element of the prize without notice. The Promoter and Suppliers accept no responsibility for the cancellation, rescheduling or delay of any element of the prize for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or Supplier. All additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of the prize, are the responsibility of the winner and any companions.
18. Second Prize – Themed Party:
The second prize is a Looney Tunes themed birthday party including:
a. Looney Tunes character meet and greet;
b. Premium characters – Bugs, Tweety, Daffy or Sylvester. Minimum of one (1) character with the potential for more subject to availability on the winner’s chosen date. The number of characters available will be advised in due course once the booking is made;
c. Character appearances: 3 x 30 minute sessions or 5 x 20 minute sessions per
party in which the available character(s) will entertain and interact with the attendees of the party;
d. Looney Tunes backdrop; and
e. Balloon Twister or Face Painter offering Looney Tunes designs.
f. The party venue must be able to provide an adequate changing area for costume characters. For WHS and brand protection reasons, this cannot be a bathroom and must be private and secure from the public.
g. The party location can be at an external venue (not winner’s house) at the cost of the winner.
h. Minimum four (4) weeks notice is required to book the party.
i. The prize winner will receive details from the Promoter and/or prize suppliers on any other prize terms and conditions and details on how to redeem the prize.
19. Third Prize – GoldenVale Looney Tunes Cereal:
a. The third prize is one year's supply of GoldenVale Looney Tunes Cereals which equates to:
(i). 24 x 450g boxes of Breakfast Bubbles
(ii). 20 x 650g boxes of Choco Rice
(iii). 16 x 750g boxes of Honey Wheats
(iv). 16 x 750g boxes of Choco Pillows
(v). 76 boxes of cereal in total – value $268.28 (Breakfast Bubbles = $54 (24 x $2.25), Choco Rice = $73.80 (20 x $3.69), Honey Wheats = $70.24 (16 x $4.39) and Choco Pillows = $70.24 (16 x $4.39)). RRP values correct as of 30/11/2018.
b. Winner will be posted the cereal every quarter, each quarter the winner will receive 6 x 450g boxes of Breakfast Bubbles, 5 x 650g boxes of Choco Rice, 4 x 750g boxes of Honey Wheats and 4 x 750g boxes of Choco Pillows.
20. Total value of the prizes in the promotion is up to a maximum of $8,268.28.
21. If the winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
22. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
23. Any entry that is incomplete or indecipherable or contains content that, in the Promoter’s sole discretion, is offensive, misleading, inappropriate or if the Promoter reasonably considers infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party will be deemed invalid.
24. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
25. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. If for any reason the winner does not take or redeem a prize (or an element of the prize) at or by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
27. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
28. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
29. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
30. Entrants confirm that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
31. If the entry depicts another person, the entrant has each person’s (or their parent or guardian’s) consent to use their image for all uses contemplated in this Promotion.
32. Instagram entries will be accepted at the time of transmission if all mandatory fields are completed.
33. In participating in this promotion entrants are providing information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. Each entrant acknowledges that this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, and to the extent permitted by law, releases Instagram from any and all liability in relation to this Promotion. Any queries, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not Instagram.
34. Entrants acknowledge that all content posted on Instagram must be in accordance with Instagram terms (https://help.instagram.com/581066165581870)
35. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
36. The prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of Village Roadshow Theme Parks Pty Ltd (ABN 60 010 919 623). The Promoter is not responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner as a result of the winner accepting and/or using the prize, except for any loss, damage or injury which is due to the negligence or wilful misconduct of the Promoter.
37. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
38. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
39. As a condition of accepting a prize, the winner or the winner’s parent or guardian must sign any legal documentation as and in the form reasonably required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers.