Christmas Crescent Cookies
- Grind the nuts very finely or crush with a rolling pin.
- Sieve the flour onto a large baking board. Place the ground almonds, pistachios, caster sugar, salt, small flakes of cold butter and the egg yolks in the middle.
- Bring all the mixture together with your hands and knead into a dough.
- Wrap the dough in aluminium foil and leave to rest in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- Divide the dough into about 4 pieces and roll each piece into a log ½ to ¾ inch thick. Cut the log into pieces about 2 inches long.
- Bend each piece into a crescent and taper the ends. Place on a baking sheet and bake in the middle of the oven for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Mix together the orange rind and icing sugar. When the cookies are cool enough to handle, dredge each cookie in the sugar mix.
- Tap off any excess and leave the cookies to cool on a wire rack.