Maple Glazed Pecan Fruit Cake
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 140°C. Grease and line a 28cm x 13cm loaf tin or a 20cm round tin, extending the lining paper higher than the tin on both of the 28cm sides.
- Combine the dried fruit with the brandy and orange juice in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar with an electric beater for 1 minute. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Beat until just combined.
- Stir in the flour, fruit and brandy mixture, almond meal, eggs and glacé cherries. Mix until combined.
- Pour into prepared tin and cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Once loaf has been removed from oven, combine the sugar and maple syrup in a heavy based saucepan. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add pecans and stir to combine.
- Pour over hot loaf and allow to stand for 20 minutes before removing from tin.