Marmalade Glazed Ham
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Cut through rind of ham 10cm from the shank.
- To remove rind, run thumb around edge of rind just under the skin. Start pulling rind from widest edge of the ham and continue to pull rind carefully away from the fat up to the shank end. Remove rind completely. Score across the fat at about 3cm intervals, cutting lightly through the surface of the fat (not the meat) in a diamond pattern. Stud the centre of each diamond with a clove.
- Stir garlic, ginger, marmalade, sugar and brandy in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until thickened slightly. Stir in lemon juice.
- Line a large baking dish with overlapping sheets of baking paper. Place ham on wire rack in baking dish. Brush ham well with marmalade glaze; cover shank end and cut surface of ham with foil.
- Bake ham for 40 minutes, brushing frequently with marmalade glaze during cooking. Remove foil from cut surface of ham and brush with glaze. Bake for a further 10 minutes.
ALDI supports the responsible service of alcohol. It is illegal to purchase alcohol for people under 18.