Coffee Creme Biscuits
- 125g soft butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ½ cup self raising flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 capsule Tauro coffee granules
- 250g crème cheese
- 150g icing sugar
- 1 capsule Tauro coffee granules (for crème filling)
- Pre heat oven to 180c. Line baking tray.
- Beat sugar and butter until pale.
- Mix milk, vanilla and coffee granules together.
- Beat into butter mix. Fold in flour.
- Wrap mix in cling wrap shape like a log and place in fridge for 30min.
- Take out of cling wrap and cut into 1cm discs. Place on tray.
- Bake for 10min.
Crème filling - beat crème cheese till smooth. Sift in icing sugar. Add coffee granules, beat well. Place crème between 2 biscuits.
Indulgent Mocha Chocolate Mousse
- 300g dark cooking choc chopped
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 cup thickened cream
- ¼ cup Valletta coffee
- Place chocolate in bowl and melt in microwave on half power for 1min. Stir. Repeat until melted.
- Whip cream till soft peaks form.
- Add yolks, cream and coffee to chocolate.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Add to choc mix.
- Spoon into serving bowls.
- Place in fridge for 2-2 ½ hours or until set.
- Top with cream and grated chocolate.
Coffee Crusted Beef
- 1½ cups Tauro coffee
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Side blade beef
- Place ½ cup coffee, onion, garlic, rosemary, soy, honey, breadcrumbs and seasoning in food processor till smooth.
- Pre heat oven to 200c. Place a wire tray in a baking dish and place beef on top.
- Mould crust onto beef pressing down firmly.
- Add 1 cup of coffee to the baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 160c for 50-55min.
- Remove foil and cook for a further 10min.
- Remove from oven and stand for 10min before carving.
Baby Cappuccino Cakes
- 200g butter softened
- 1 ¾ cups caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 2 ¾ cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup Perugia coffee
- 75g butter softened
- 1 cup icing sugar mix sifted
- 1 tsp Perugia coffee granules
- Pre heat oven to 180c. Line mini muffin tins with paper cases.
- Cream butter for 1min.
- Add half sugar and beat for 2min.
- Add rest of sugar and beat for 2min.
- Add eggs one at a time beating for 1min in between each egg.
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Add vanilla to milk.
- Add 1/3 flour to butter mix and mix with beater on low speed. Beat till just combined.
- Add half milk, coffee and another third of flour. Beat till just combined.
- Add remaining milk, coffee and flour and beat till combined.
- Spoon into cases. Bake 10-12min.
- Let cool.
Frosting - beat butter, using electric mixer, until light and fluffy. Gradually add icing mixture. Beat in coffee. Pipe over cakes dust with cocoa powder.
Flourless Mocha Cake
- 200g butter
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 2 capsules of Renzo coffee granules
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups ground almonds
- Cocoa powder to dust
- Renzo coffee granules to dust
- 1/3 cup Renzo coffee
- 250g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp icing mixture
- 200g dark choc
- Preheat oven to 180c. Grease and line cake tin.
- Mix boiling water and coffee granules together until coffee is dissolved.
- Mix butter, chocolate, coffee and cocoa powder in saucepan over low heat. Cook for 2min till smooth.
- Pour into large bowl and add egg yolks, brown sugar and ground almonds. Mix well.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add egg whites to choc mix, a third at a time. Gently fold in.
- Pour into tin and smooth surface.
- Bake for 40 - 45min. Let cool.
Icing - Combine coffee, cream cheese and sugar in bowl. Beat until combined. Spread over top of cooled cake. Dust with equal parts coffee powder and cocoa powder.