- Put the flour, ginger and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl and rub in the soft butter.
- Add the sugar and stir in the syrup and egg to make a firm dough.
- Roll out to about 5mm thick and cut out your gingerbread men. Bake at 190°C on greased baking trays (spaced out, as they will spread) for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Leave to firm up for a couple of minutes before placing on a wire rack to cool.
- Once cooled, decorate!
- You can add Dairy Fine Chocolate Munchers to the belly of these before baking.
- You can also use your favourite Christmas shaped cookie cutters, wrap in cellophane bags and decorate with ribbons for an edible gift.