Crackling pork Leg Roast with Roaster Potatoes & Garden Salad
- Preheat the oven to 240°C.
- Remove pork leg roast from packaging and pat dry with paper towel and ensure roast is well scored.
- If time allows, leave the roast uncovered in the fridge for 1 hour, or ideally overnight. When ready to cook, place roast onto a wire rack in the kitchen sink and pour over a jug of boiling water. Pat the rind dry with paper towel.
- Rub the rind well with oil and sea salt massaging well into the scored areas.
- Place the pork leg roast into a deep roasting pan and place into the oven for 40-50 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C and roast for a further 30-35 minutes per kilo. Add potatoes to the roasting pan one hour prior to removing.
- Remove pork from the oven and allow to rest in the roasting pan for 10-15 minutes prior to slicing.
- Serve the leg roast hot with roasted potatoes and salad.