Fettuccine with Mushrooms and Asparagus
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Wipe the mushrooms and chop finely. Finely chop the parsley. Melt the butter in a large frying pan and sauté the onions for a minute.Add the chopped mushrooms then cook for another couple of minutes. Add the cream cheese, cream, white wine and chopped parsley. Season with some salt and pepper, then cook on a low heat for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water for about 8-10 minutes, as per directions on the pack.
- Cut the asparagus in half and sauté in the olive oil for2-3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add to the mushroom sauce.Toss in the asparagus and gently heat through.
- Serve with shavings of grana padano