Ricotta & Panettone Semifreddo by @foodtravelandaredhead
This Ricotta and Panettone Semifreddo recipe with chocolate shavings and ricotta cheese makes for a showstopping Christmas dessert.
- Grease and line a loaf tin.
- Tear the Panettone into small pieces and place in a bowl. Pour milk on top and set aside.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form, cover with plastic and refrigerate.
- With an electric mixer, beat the eggs, caster sugar and honey until thick. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Add the ricotta and whisk until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Take the pannettone that has been soaking in milk, squeeze out excess milk and add to the mixture.
- Add orange zest, dark chocolate and cointreau (if you choose) and gently stir until all combined.
- Pour combined mixture into loaf tin and freeze overnight (or for at least 6 hours).
- Remove from freezer 25 minutes before you are ready to serve and place in the fridge, so that it softens slightly.
- Remove from loaf tin, top with fresh strawberries. Slice and serve.