Porterhouse Steak with Onion Gravy Recipe
How to Make Porterhouse Steak with Onion Gravy
- Remove steaks from fridge, season with salt and pepper and set aside to rest for 10 minutes before cooking.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in the packet in microwave for 4 to 5 minutes on high (100%) or until tender.
- Prepare vegetables and commence boiling, steaming or cooking in a microwave-safe container for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Cook steaks in a lightly oiled chargrill pan or barbecue on high. Cook steaks for 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 5 minutes.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. In a jug, prepare gravy according to packet instructions. Add gravy to pan, season and stir to combine. Simmer for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Serve steaks with gravy and vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley, to serve.
TIP: You can substitute potatoes with shoestring or sweet potato fries.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Australian Beef