Potato, Leek & Feta Soup Recipe
How to Make Potato, Leek and Feta Soup
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large stockpot on medium heat. Add the leeks, celery, onion and garlic. Sauté until just soft, do not brown.
- Stir through ground cumin and add the potatoes and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for approximately 30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Puree soup in the pot (If using a blender, allow soup to cool before blending then return the puréed soup to the pot).
- Add the cream and stir to combine and warm, do not bring soup to the boil again.
- To Serve: Ladle the soup into individual bowls and garnish each bowl with the shallots and crumbled feta cheese. Sprinkle parsley leaves, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Jeanette, ALDI Test Kitchen