Egg Fried Rice
- Add the rice, water and ¾ teaspoon of salt to a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan and simmer gently for about 15 minutes or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Don't stir the rice during cooking as this can release starch that will lead to sticking.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and let stand covered for 5 minutes before serving. Transfer the rice to a baking sheet to cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- In a large wok, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Add the eggs and stir with a fork for about 30 seconds or until just cooked. Remove the eggs from the wok and set aside on a plate.
- Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in the wok over medium high heat. Add the carrots (peeled and finely diced), brown onion (finely chopped), corn (drained), garlic (finely chopped) and ginger (finely sliced) to the wok and stir fry for 2 minutes. Then add the cold rice and stir fry for a further 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in the eggs and the chopped parsley or coriander and cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer the rice to a bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds.