Raspberry & Lemon Granita
- Bring water, sugar and lemon juice to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Place raspberries and cooled lemon syrup in a blender and puree.
- Strain raspberry mixture through fine-mesh sieve to remove seeds. Discard seeds.
- Pour strained mixture into 30 x 20cm glass or metal baking pan. Place in freezer and chill about 1 hour or until edges begin to freeze.
- Use a fork to scrape mixture towards center of pan. Repeat every 30-40 minutes until mixture is flaky (but still frozen) - about 2 more hours.
- Cover and keep frozen until ready to serve. Granita can be made up day prior.