Rustic Mixed Berry Tart
- Place flour, 1/4 cup sugar, butter and salt in a food processor bowl. Pulse 8 to 10 times or until mixture resemble a crumble. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time with motor running, pulsing just until dough holds together when pressed between your fingers. Shape dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 220ºC.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to a 30cm circle, about 5cm thick. Gently transfer dough to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Place mixed berries in center of dough leaving a 5cm border. Sprinkle berries with remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
- Fold and pleat dough evenly up and around the berries. Sprinkle dough with coarse sugar crystals.
- Bake in centre of oven 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is rich golden brown. Cool briefly and serve warm with ice cream (optional).