Mushroom & Soft Cheese Pancakes
- Wipe the mushrooms and chop.
- Melt the butter in the frying pan, sauté the mushrooms for 5-6 minutes, crumble over the stock cube, paprika and add the soft cheese, cook gently for a few minutes stirring as you cook – remove from pan and allow to cool.
- To make the pancakes – sift the flour in a bowl then add the parsley, pepper and some sea salt.
- Crack the eggs in a jug with the milk and whisk well.
- Add this to the flour, whisking as you mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan-forced).
- Wash the frying pan – using some oil in the pan, make 6 pancakes. Put the pancakes out flat, divide the mixture between them, putting it in the middle of the pancakes, fold up the sides to make a square.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and serve.
- You can make these ahead of time – and then heat up in the oven when ready – they will take a little extra time to re-heat if they have been in the fridge.