- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C for fan forced oven). Line a brownie tin with baking paper making sure it hangs over the edges.
- Chop almonds coarsely in a food processor.
- Mix together the almonds, oats, pepitas, sunflower seeds and linseed. Place on a baking tray and toast lightly for 6-8 minutes. Place into mixing bowl, and allow to cool.
- In a small saucepan add the coconut oil, honey and brown sugar. Heat gently until it bubbles.
- Continue to simmer for approximately 4 minutes until well combined and sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool slightly for 10 minutes, and then mix in the goji berries.
- Mix well and stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together with wooden spoon making sure it is well mixed. (**add dark chocolate at this stage if using)
- Press very firmly into brownie tin making sure to get right into the corners and edges.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until firm.
- Best eaten at room temperature, so remove from fridge and leave for 30 minutes before slicing.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Virginia, ALDI Test Kitchen