Blueberry Crème Brûlée
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C (or 130° – 140°C for fan-forced)
- Whisk the egg yolks with 30g caster sugar in a bowl until pale and thick.
- Put the cream in a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil.
- Pour the boiling cream over the egg yolk mix, whisking as you pour.
- Keep a few blueberries for decoration, divide the rest between the 4 ramekin dishes and then pour the custard over them.
- Place the ramekin dishes in a roasting tin and pour enough boiling water into the roasting tin to reach halfway up the sides of the dishes.
- Bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes until just firm to the touch.
- Take the ramekin dishes out of the oven, allow to cool, and then refrigerate until cold.
- Divide the remaining sugar between the 4 dishes and sprinkle on top.
- Use a chef's torch (brulee torch) to burn the sugar or place quickly under a very hot grill.
- Garnish with the remaining blueberries and serve.