Brown Sugar Pavlova With In-Season Fruit
- Preheat oven to 150°C (130°C fan-forced). Grease a 17cm x 36cm ovenproof serving plate with melted butter, leaving a 3cm border. Sift the cornflour over the greased area.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add the caster sugar, beating until dissolved and scraping down the side of the bowl occasionally. Gradually add the brown sugar, beating until dissolved. Fold in the extra sifted cornflour.
- Pile the meringue along the centre of the prepared plate. Use a metal spatula or the back of a spoon to spread the meringue over the greased area, making a shallow indent along the centre.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 100°C (80°C fan-forced). Bake the pavlova in the lower half of the oven for 1½ hours or until dry and crisp. Turn off oven and cool pavlova in oven with door ajar.
- Top pavlova with cream and prepared fruit to serve