- Preheat oven to 180°C, lower if a fan forced oven. Grease a 20cm round pan and line base with baking paper.
- Sift flour, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the oil, yogurt, orange, grated carrot, nuts and eggs.
- Add wet mixture to the flour mixture and gently combine, until all the dry ingredients are mixed with the wet ingredients.
- Spoon into the cake tin and bake for 25-35 minutes, depending on your oven. Test if the cake is cooked by inserting a skewer. The cake is cooked if the skewer comes out 'clean' with no cake mixture sticking to it.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for a few minutes, before tipping out carefully onto a wire rack to completely cool. Cut into 12 serves.