Lemon, Pear & Ginger Cake
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced)
- Line the base of the cake tin with some non-stick paper and brush the sides with a little extra butter.
- Peel and core the pears and cut into medium size chunks, put in a bowl with the lemon juice and rind.
- Melt the butter in a bowl.
- Mix the flour, sugar, ginger and salt in a bowl and whisk.
- Beat the eggs with the butter and then beat into the flour mix, then fold in the pears and juice.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Cooking times may vary dependent on appliance.