Pear Tarte Tartin
- Preheat oven 180°C (or 200°C fan forced). Lay out 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry on bench to defrost.
- Melt butter over medium heat in the 30cm fry pan.
- Add brown sugar, stir gently. Allow it to start to bubble then add the pears, cinnamon and ginger.
- Keep stirring, making sure the caramel goes all over the pears.
- Continue to do this till pears are tender. Do not overcook. Turn down heat to very low, if necessary.
- Remove from heat
- With wooden spoon move the pears around in the pan to form a decorative pattern. Ensure that the flat side of the pears are facing up.
- Place puff pastry sheet on top of pears and tuck in the sides around the pears and down inside of pan.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes till pastry is puffed up and golden. You should be able to see the caramel bubbling around the outside.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly, approximately 8 minutes. Place serving plate on top of pan and carefully turn the tart onto the plate.
- Serve with your choice of cream, custard or ice cream
Recipe created by Suzanne - ALDI Test Kitchen