Bacon, Potato & Leek Bake
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced)
- Chop the bacon into chunks and sauté in a frying pan with the oil for 5-6 minutes until just coloured.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into medium sized slices.(not too thick)
- Chop the leeks into slices, wash well and drain.(Use only the white part of the leeks).
- Put the potato and leek slices into a pan of cold slightly salted water, bring to the boil, cover and cook for 5 minutes then drain well.
- Put the potato, leek slices and the bacon into the baking dish, pour over the soup and gently mix, season with some black pepper.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese and bake in the oven for 20/25 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile peel the carrots and cut into thick matchsticks.
- Cook in some boiling salted water for 3 minutes.
- Cut the beans in half lengthways, add to the carrots and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Drain and serve alongside the Potato bake.