Braised Brisket with Mac & Cheese
- Preheat oven to 170°C (or 150°C for fan forced oven)
- Heat 1tbsp oil in ovenproof casserole dish over med heat. Season brisket and cook for 5 mins per side. Remove, set aside.
- Add 1tbsp oil, cook onions for 5 mins. Add carrots and garlic, cook for 3 mins. Return brisket, fatty side up, add beef stock.
- Brush BBQ sauce over brisket. Cover and cook in oven for 1.5 hrs.
- Brush brisket with extra sauce, cook uncovered for a further 30 mins.
- Remove and rest for 15 mins before slicing.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni ‘n cheese as per pack instructions.
- Slice Brisket across the grain and serve with your vegetables and Mac ‘n’ cheese.