Carrot & Orange Soup
- Peel the carrots, onion and garlic.
- Roughly chop the carrots and the onion, finely chop the garlic.
- In a medium saucepan, melt a little butter.
- Add the vegetables and, on a low heat, sweat them in the butter for a few minutes.
- Pour over the stock and bring to the boil.
- Season and cover the pan. Cook for about 20 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Stir in the orange juice and zest.
- Liquidise the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- When ready to serve the soup, stir in the cream and top with the chopped mint.