Char Grilled African-Styled Steaks
- Place beef steaks on a large plate or tray while you make the marinade.
- Place pineapple, garlic, peanuts, paprika and 1 tablespoon oil into a blender or food processor and blend to a smooth paste. Spoon half the marinade over steaks and marinate for 30 minutes to overnight in the refrigerator. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute or until just green, refresh in iced water. Drain. Chargrill for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- For spiced beans, heat oil in a frying pan over low-medium heat and cook garlic until fragrant but not brown, about 1 minute. Add capsicum and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add beans, lemon juice and paprika and toss to warm through. Season to taste. Fold through parsley to serve.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan and cook steaks for 3 minutes each side for medium. Mixture will catch a little in the pan, but makes a delicious crust on the meat.
- Use tinned pineapple in juice, drained, instead of fresh. Or lemon juice.
- Place steaks on a foil lined tray under the grill as an alternative.
- Use almonds instead of peanuts, if you prefer, or leave out the nuts and add extra garlic and herbs.