Charred Beef with Couscous
- Place spices, garlic, zest, juice and 2 tablespoons in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Season to taste. Add steak and coat well in marinade. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Meanwhile, place pumpkin on a large shallow oven tray and drizzle with remaining oil and season to taste. Roast for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked. Bring a large saucepan of boiling water to the boil, add brocolini and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Drain and season to taste.
- Preheat a lightly oiled char-grill pan or barbecue to high. Cook steak for 2½ - 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 15 minutes, covered with foil in a warm place, before slicing, to serve
- To make herbed couscous, place couscous in a large heatproof bowl and stir through olive oil. Bring stock to the boil and stir into couscous. Cover and stand for 10 minutes. Using a fork, gradually loosen couscous then stir in remaining ingredients. Season to taste.
- Divide couscous, brocolini, pumpkin and flank steak among plates. Serve with lime wedges.
*Recipe courtesy of MLA