- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Line the bottom and sides of the loaf tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Peel and chop the carrot and red onion into small pieces.
- Wipe and chop the mushrooms.
- Break up the bread into small pieces.
- Put the nuts, carrots, onion and bread into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped - do this in two lots if it's too much for the machine.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs with the cheese, then add the paprika, dried basil and black pepper.
- Pour in the nut mixture and mix well.
- Put the mixture into the tin and bake for about 60-70 minutes, until a skewer stuck in the centre comes out clean and the roast feels solid.