Chicken & Mushroom Pie
- Preheat the oven to 200°c (180°c fan-forced)
- Chop the chicken breast into bite size chunks and sauté in a little oil in a sauce pan until browned, drain the mushrooms and add to the pan, then add the soft cheese, parsley and some black pepper - cook, stirring until the cheese has melted, transfer the mixture to a pie dish.
- Top the pie with the pastry, decorate with any bits left after you have trimmed the pastry - brush the pastry lightly with some milk.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until the pastry has risen and is golden.
- Meanwhile, peel the carrots and cut into batons, break the broccoli into florets and shred the cabbage, boil or steam the vegetables for 5-10minutes until tender, drain and serve alongside the pie.