Mini Lamb Roast with Carrot & Feta Salad
- Preheat oven to 200C. To roast lamb, place spices and half of the oil in a large bowl. Add lamb and toss to coat. Season to taste. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add lamb and cook, turning frequently, for 5 minutes or until lamb is browned all over. Transfer lamb to an oven tray and roast for 15 minutes for medium or longer until cooked to your liking. Rest for 7 minutes before slicing each rump in half, to serve.
- Meanwhile, to make carrot & fetta salad, place vinegar, sugar and oil in a large bowl and whisk until sugar has dissolved. Add carrots, onions, mint and pumpkin seeds and toss gently to combine.
- To serve, divide lamb with carrot mixture among four plates. Scatter carrot mixture with fetta.
- Use a vegetable peeler or mandolin to peel your carrots into strips.
- Substitute feta with soft goats cheese and pepitas with your favourites seeds or nuts. Even try a selection of the two.
- If you are holding a dinner party, liven up your carrot salad by adding some peeled cucumber and some rose water and dried or fresh cherries, if in season.
Recipe courtesy of Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA).