Slow Cooked Crusted Corned Beef Silverside
- Set oven 150°C (or 130°C for fan-forced oven). Trim all the fat off the silverside.
- Roughly chop carrot, celery and onion place into pan add crushed garlic and peppercorns.
- Put cooking rack into pan and pour water and vinegar to just underneath rack, place silverside onto rack.
- Push cloves around outside of silverside. Blend brioche roll into crumbs and set half aside. In a bowl add half brioche crumbs, seeded mustard, maple, parsley, crushed garlic, pepper, salt & 1 tbsp olive oil mix altogether.
- Evenly spread the mixture across the top of the meat, crumble the remaining brioche over the top and cover with foil.
- Bake for 4.5 hours.
- Turn oven up to 200°C (or 180°C for fan-forced oven). Uncover and drizzle the crust with1 tbsp. of olive oil and bake for a further 10 minutes until golden brown.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Virginia, ALDI Test Kitchen