Slow-Simmered Lamb Shanks with Chorizo
- French trim lamb shanks and brush with some oil. In a large frypan over medium-high heat, brown the lamb shanks well on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Decrease heat in pan. Pour in a little extra oil then add the onion and chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally for around 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add in the passata, beef stock and oregano. Bring mixture to the boil then reduce heat to low. Place lamb shanks back into pan and partially cover to simmer for 50 minutes.
- Remove lid and keep cooking uncovered for another 40 minutes, occasionally checking and stirring.
- Stir in Cannellini beans and parsley and warm through. Serve with green beans.