Duck, Cherry & Pecan Salad
- Pre heat oven to 200°C (180°C for fan forced oven).
- Pat dry the duck breast, season with sea salt on each side.
- Place a large frying pan over medium heat, add the coconut oil while the pan is slowly heating up, place the duck breast skin side down to render the fat off slowly to get the duck skin crispy, cook the skin side down for 3-4 mins once the skin is crispy turn over to seal the duck flesh.
- During the cooking process the duck fat will release into the frying pan, set aside the pan with the duck fat.
- Place the duck onto cooking tray, cook for 8-10 minutes in the oven.
- While duck breast is cooking pick the cherry stems and discard, halve the cherries and remove seeds, place the pan back on low heat, lightly sauté the cherries and onion for 2 mins until soft. Remove from heat and set aside. Mix all the salad dressing ingredients in a bowl to combine .Once duck is done set aside and rest.
- Lower the oven temperature to 160°C (or 140°C fan forced) degree’s. Cook the pecans in the oven for 4 mins allow to cool.
Cut cherry tomatoes in half and thinly slice Mango, pick mint leaves. Arrange the salad by layering cherry's, onion, tomato, mint, baby spinach, salad mix, chopped and whole pecans. Turn the mango sliver into a circle to place over salad. Slice the duck and arrange on top and drizzle the dressing over duck and salad.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Virginia, ALDI Test Kitchen