Smoked Salmon Blinis with Rocket
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper, into a bowl and mix well.
- Add the egg, mustard and about ¾ of the milk.
- Mix to a smooth batter, this should resemble a very thick cream consistency.
- Add a little more milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Pre-heat a non-stick frying pan with a couple of teaspoons of oil.
- Spoon in the mixture in teaspoon size amounts and cook for 1 minute.
- Cook until the top starts to bubble and is just set.
- Flip over carefully and cook for a further 1 minute, then cool.
- Break the salmon up in a small bowl. (Don’t make the pieces too small, though).
- Add the mayonnaise, rocket and finally the tomatoes.
- Carefully fold together, so the tomatoes do not break up.
- Pile the mixture onto the small blinis and serve.
- The mixture can be made, cooked, then covered with cling wrap or a damp tea towel to keep it soft.
- Any smoked fish can be used if preferred.
- Natural yogurt can be substituted for the mayonnaise.