Veal Involtini in Tomato Sauce
- Wrap 1 piece of veal around 2 basil leaves and 1 piece of bocconcini, ensuring filling is enclosed. Secure with a toothpick.Repeat process with all remaining veal, basil leaves and bocconcini (other than the basil for serving).
- Heat half the oil in a large non stick frying pan over medium-high heat. In batches, cook the veal for 2 minutes each side or until completely brown. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrance releases. Add pasta sauce and stock and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low.
- Return veal, and any juices, to pan. Cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until veal is cooked through and bocconcini just begins to melt. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve involtini and sauce topped with fresh basil leaves.