Bacon & Sweetcorn Breakfast Pies Recipe
How to Make Bacon & Sweetcorn Breakfast Pies
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Spray a 6-hole (¾ cup-capacity) muffin pan with oil.
- Line each hole with bacon rashers. Slice the loin in half to line the base and use strips of bacon to line the sides. Chop the bacon offcuts.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chopped bacon offcuts and the corn. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until bacon is golden. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine butter, eggs and honey in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined. Stir in cheese, milk, chives and three quarters of the cooled corn and bacon. Sift in flour and baking powder. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Divide batter evenly into each bacon-lined hole. Scatter remaining cooled corn and bacon over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and puffed. Remove from oven and set aside in pan for 5 minutes. Serve hot or cold, scattered with extra fresh chives.
RECIPE: Courtesy Australian Pork