Date Nut Bread Recipe
How to Make Date Nut Bread
- In a blender, blend the oats into a fine powder. In a bowl, mix the oats powder with the self raising flour and the bi-carb soda.
- Put the dates (pitted and chopped) in a bowl and pour boiling water over them. Let stand until cool.
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (or 140ºC for fan forced oven).
- In a blender, add the oil, egg, sugar, salt, walnuts (chopped) and the dates. Blend well. Pour in a big bowl.
- Gently stir the flour mixture into the date mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a greased or loaf pan lined with wax paper. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centre comes out clean.