Mushroom Breakfast Tarts Recipe
How to Make Mushroom Breakfast Tarts
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms for 4-5 minutes or until golden. Add bacon, capsicum and thyme and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Add capsicum and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan-forced). Lightly grease 6 x 10.5cm (base) loose-base, fluted tart tins. Using a 14cm cutter, cut 6 rounds from the pastry. Line pans with pastry, prick well with a fork and trim the edges.
- Place tins on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes or until pastry is just golden. When cool enough to touch, gently push pastry down into the base.
- Break an egg into each pastry shell and top with mushroom mixture. Cook in oven for 10-12 minutes or until egg white is cooked and yolk is slightly runny.
- Serve immediately with thyme sprigs to garnish.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Horticulture Innovation Australian Limited