Patatas Bravas with Eggs Recipe
How to Make Patatas Bravas with Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan forced).
- Peel the potatoes and cut into small chunks. Put into a roasting dish – sprinkle over the vegetable oil and roast for about 35-40 minutes, turning once during the cooking, until they are crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Peel, halve and finely chop the onion. Peel and finely dice the garlic.
- Put the onions in a saucepan with the olive oil – cook on a gentle heat for 5-6 minutes – until softened – then add the garlic, chilli flakes, paprika, oregano and basil. Season with some salt and black pepper.
- Cook mixture for a further 2 minutes to release all the flavours. Add the tinned tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes.
- When the potatoes are cooked, you can pour over the sauce mixture now, or transfer the potatoes to a cast iron or cast enamel pan and then place potato into pan and pour over the tomato sauce mixture. Mix gently.
- Make 4 wells in the mixture and break an egg into each. Sprinkle each egg with a pinch of salt.
- Add pan to the oven and cook for 5-7 minutes, until the eggs have just set.
- Serve immediately.
Tip: This breakfast dish is great accompanied with a side of Berg parma ham and crusty bread.