Sweet Potato and Halloumi Fritters Recipe
How to Make Sweet Potato and Halloumi Fritters
- Grate the sweet potato, zucchini and halloumi. Set aside.
- Sift flour into a bowl. Add milk and eggs, stir to combine. Add the sweet potato, zucchini and halloumi and stir until well combined.
- Heat a large, non-stick frypan over medium heat. Brush pan with a little melted butter. Spoon half a cup of the batter into pan, spreading a little if needed. Repeat to cook 2 or 3 fritters in the pan at once. This will depend on the size of your pan.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until the top starts to dry. Turn over and cook for a further 3 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Keep warm in a low oven. Repeat, brushing pan with melted butter between batches, to make 10 fritters.
- Combine yogurt and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Place 2 pancakes onto serving plate. Top with poached egg, sprinkle with lemon rind. Top with rocket, season and serve with the yogurt.
Note: You need 1½ cups grated sweet potato and 1 cup grated zucchini for this recipe.
Tip: You can reheat these in the oven. Place in a single layer in oven at 180°C (or 160°C fan-forced) and heat for 8-10 minutes.
Recipe: Courtesy of Horticulture Innovation Australian Limited.