Berry Face Pancakes Recipe
How to Make Berry Face Pancakes
- Place sifted flour and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and crack in egg, then pour in milk, butter and vanilla extract. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. It is ok if a few lumps remain.
- Place a large saucepan on medium heat and add a small knob of butter. Ladle in enough pancake batter to form 2 small pancakes and cook for a few minutes either side. Remove from pan and repeat until batter is finished.
- Meanwhile, as pancakes are cooking, break the chocolate into pieces and melt gently in a bowl over a slowly simmering pan of hot water.
- Remove the stalks from the strawberries.
- Cut the strawberries and raspberries in half.
- Using a teaspoon, spread some soft cheese on the top half of each pancake.
- Decorate liberally with the berries and mint leaves.
- Using a cocktail stick and the melted chocolate, draw a face on the lower half of each pancake, not forgetting a huge smile!