Chocolate & Brandy Mousse Recipe
How to Make Chocolate & Brandy Mousse
- Begin with the mousse. Whisk the cream using an electric hand mixer for a couple of minutes until thickened.
- Next, whisk egg whites until they form soft peaks and then gradually add the caster sugar, whilst continuing to whisk, until they form a stiff peak.
- Then melt the chocolate carefully in the microwave, checking every 20 seconds. When the chocolate has melted, add the brandy to the chocolate and stir.
- Using a metal spoon, carefully fold the whipped cream into the egg white mixture until it is completely combined.
- Then add the melted chocolate and brandy and fold through.
- When the mixture is ready, carefully divide between 6 small teacups or small glasses and leave to chill for 1-2 hours.
- In the meantime make the biscuits. Preheat the oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan forced).
- Begin by creaming together the butter and sugar, then add the honey and mix well, followed by the orange zest and ginger.
- Finally, add the flour and stir until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal balls and place on a baking tray, then flatten slightly. Use a star-shaped cookie cutter to form the biscuits into stars.
- Bake the biscuits for 12-15 minutes until completely golden (they will still be slightly soft but will firm when cooled).
- To serve, add a little orange zest to the top of the chocolate mousse and serve each one with a star-shaped biscuit.