Double Decker Raspberry Cookies Recipe
How to Make Double Decker Raspberry Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (or 150°C fan forced)
- Place flour and icing sugar together in a bowl and whisk with a balloon whisk.
- Cut the butter up and add to the mix. With your fingertips, rub in until you have a crumble consistency.
- Add the egg yolks and vanilla essence and mix to a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured board to the thickness of a dollar coin.
- Stamp out 40 shapes with your cutter.
- Cut a hole or another shape out of 20 of these, to create a cookie frame.
- Bake all the cookies on lightly greased baking sheets (leave some room around them as they will spread a little) for about 10 minutes, until just lightly browned.
- Allow to cool.
- Put the jam and raspberries together in a bowl and mash them together.
- Put a small teaspoon of the jam on the whole cookies and then top them with the cookies with a hole in them and gently sandwich.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve (optional).
Tip: You could use any small cookie cutters. We have used a round fluted style plus a mini heart-shaped cutter to make our “hole” shapes. Cookies will keep in airtight containers for several days.
Note: we also added a little passionfruit pulp in some of our cookies. You can experiement with different jam flavours too.