Expressi Mocha Brownies Recipe
How to Make Expressi Mocha Brownies
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan forced). Line a square cake/brownie tin with baking paper.
- Put butter, coffee granules and dark chocolate in a metal bowl and place over a pot of boiling water, being careful not to the let the water touch the bowl. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile combine the vanilla, eggs and sugar into a small bowl. Stir until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the sugar mixture to the cooled chocolate.
- Pour ¾ of the flour into the chocolate and stir to combine. Add the 100g chopped dark chocolate to the remaining flour and toss to coat. Then add it to the chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Don’t over mix.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn tray around in oven and cook for a further 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let brownies cool to room temperature.
- While brownies cool, melt the 100g dark chocolate in microwave for 15 seconds. Stir and then microwave further at 15 second intervals, until it’s melted and smooth. Pour melted chocolate over cooled brownies, sprinkle with chopped walnuts and grind some sea salt over the top, to taste.
- Slice into desired-sized squares. Serve with fresh strawberries and raspberries.
Tip: Brownie can be stored in an airtight contained for 3 days.