Fruit Galettes Recipe
How to Make Fruit Galettes
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan-forced) and line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Using a small side plate as a stencil, cut a single circle out of each pastry sheet. They should be approximately 20cm in diameter.
- Mix the caster sugar and ground spices together in a bowl and set aside.
- Leaving a 4cm border, spread a little cream cheese in the centre of 4 of the pieces of pastry. You want the cream cheese to be about 1cm thick.
- Top evenly with sliced figs and rosemary. Fold the edges inwards to form a ‘galette’ shape.
- Leaving the same size border, sprinkle the almond meal in the centre of the remaining 4 pieces of pastry. Top evenly with the sliced pear and sprinkle each with approximately half a teaspoon of the sugar mix. Fold the edges inwards to form a ‘galette’ shape.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the pastry with the beaten egg and sprinkle each galette with a little of the raw sugar.
- Place 2 galettes on each baking tray and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and bake the second batch.
- To serve, drizzle the pear galettes with honey and sprinkle with crushed walnuts. Serve the fig galettes as is