Mango Pancakes Recipe
How to Make Mango Pancakes
- To make the pancakes, whisk the eggs with the milk, oil and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Sift the flour with 1 tablespoon of icing mixture and the cornflour, then whisk into the egg mix. Strain the batter into a bowl or jug and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place a 20cm, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and lightly spray with olive oil spray. Add enough batter to just cover the base, swirling the pan to create a thin and even layer. Cook until just cooked through but not coloured. Flip and cook the other side for a few seconds. Place onto a plate and cover with foil or baking paper. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- For the filling, cut the 2 cheeks off the mango and gently peel them. Cut each cheek into 3 strips, so you end up with 6 long mango strips. If you have remaining mango flesh on the seed, you can trim this to use for garnish.
- The complete the filling, whisk the cream, remaining icing mixture and vanilla extract together until stiff peaks form and you have a semi-firm, whipped cream.
- To assemble, place a pancake onto a plate and add a dollop of the whipped cream in the middle. Add a mango slice and gently fold the pancake like you would a spring roll (bottom first and then fold in the sides and gently roll). You can trim the mango ends if they are too long.
- Place on a plate, seam side down and repeat with the rest. Cover with cling film and refrigerate to firm them up, slightly.
- Garnish with a few thin mango slices and fresh mint leaves and serve immediately.