Pecan, Toffee and Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Chunk Bars Recipe
How to Make Pecan, Toffee and Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Chunk Bars
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 20cm square baking tin.
- Roughly chop the pecans and set aside. Place the sugar, flour, oats and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine, then mix in the melted butter and beaten eggs with wooden spoon.
- Fold in the melted white chocolate and ¾ cup of chopped pecans and stir to evenly combine.
- Pour into the prepared tin and sprinkle with the remaining pecans. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and leave to cool slightly for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate. Transfer slice to a cooling rack and spoon over the melted dark chocolate. Allow to cool then cut into 8 pieces.
Note: You can drizzle the chocolate across the top of the slice with a spoon – in a lined pattern or simply pour the chocolate over the top and smooth it with a palette knife.
Tip: For a less sweet version, you can swap the white chocolate for more dark chocolate.