Raw Vegan Passionfruit Cheesecake Recipe
How to Make Raw Vegan Passionfruit Cheesecake
- Quick soak the cashews by placing them in a bowl and covering with boiling water. Let stand for 30 minutes. While they are soaking, line a 20cm removable base cake tin with baking paper.
- To make the base: place almonds, pecans and walnuts in a food processor and process until fine. Remove and set aside.
- Add pitted dates to processor and process until smooth. Combine dates and nuts together and blend for 1 minute. Press the mixture into the cake tin base and flatten. Set in freezer while you make filling.
- To make the filling, drain cashews and place the cashews, coconut cream, coconut oil, pulp from the 2 passionfruit, lemon juice and maple syrup in a blender and blend all the ingredients until very smooth and creamy. This will take between 5-8 minutes.
- Remove cake tin from freezer and pour filling over. Smooth the top and place it back it the freezer to set for at least 3½-4 hours.
- While the cake is freezing, make the topping. Place the passionfruit pulp and maple syrup in a small saucepan on medium heat and bring to simmer. Mix cornfour and water to make a runny paste. Gradually add this paste to the passionfruit while stirring. Simmer for 5 minutes until the mixture thickens. Add lemon juice and stir. Allow to cool.
- When cheesecake is set and ready to serve, remove from cake tin and place on a serving platter. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.