Watermelon & Strawberry Ice Blocks Recipe
How to Make Watermelon & Strawberry Ice Blocks
- Place watermelon cubes and frozen strawberries into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Divide the mixture evenly into the ice block moulds and top each with 1 teaspoon of cacao nibs. Using a wooden skewer or chopstick, push the nibs down and around the sides of the ice block mould (make sure you can see them and that they are dispersed randomly so as to look like watermelon seeds). Insert a wooden ice block stick into the centre of each.
- Freeze the ice blocks for 3 hours. During the last 30 minutes of freezing, whisk the coconut milk and lime juice together. Chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Remove the ice blocks from the freezer and pour a thin layer of the chilled coconut milk over the watermelon and strawberry part of each ice block (approximately 1 tablespoon per ice block). Return to freezer for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place peeled, quartered kiwi fruit and icing mixture in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Strain the kiwi fruit juice and set aside in the fridge, until ready to use.
- Remove the ice blocks from the freezer and pour a thin layer of the chilled kiwi fruit juice over the coconut part of each ice block (approximately 1½ tablespoons per ice block). Return to freezer for 1 hour or until solid.
- To remove ice blocks from their moulds, quickly run each ice block under some water for a few seconds and slowly pull them out, being careful not to let water get onto the ice blocks.