Greek Lamb and Chick Peas with Tomato Garlic Bread Toasts
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Place the lamb in a small baking dish and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Leave to rest, covered, for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, dlice the onion and crush 2 cloves of garlic. Leave the remaining garlic clove whole. Cut 1 tomato in half and grate the soft flesh into a medium bowl (the skin doesn’t grate). Discard the skin. Finely chop the remaining tomato and add to the bowl of grated tomato flesh. Stir and season with salt, black pepper and onion.
- Heat a medium pan over medium heat. Add half the oil and onion and cook for 5-6 minutes or until very soft. Add the sliced garlic and cumin and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add chick peas and heat through. Stir through baby spinach and cook until wilted.
- Cut Turkish bread into 5cm squares and split the squares in half. Toast or grill until golden. Rub with garlic clove. Top with chopped tomato and drizzle with olive oil.
- Spoon chick pea mixture onto 4 plates. Slice the lamb and place on top. Serve with aioli mayonnaise and tomato garlic bread.
TIP: Scatter lamb with chopped parsley.